Mechanic, Part Time (21 hours/week)
Hours: 21 hours over THREE days, to include Saturday
Shop hours: 9.30am to 4.30pm
Due to our continued expansion, we are searching for an organised and enthusiastic individual with excellent customer service skills and a passion for all things bikes.
You’ll be comfortable with getting your hands dirty, and to put your bike maintenance skills to good use with a basic understanding of key bike products and mechanics. In addition, you’ll be engaging with customers both on a face-to-face basis and via the telephone.
About OnBike Electric Bikes
We are one of the UK’s leading independent electric bike retailers.
Formed in 2008, OnBike Electric Bikes has gone from strength to strength to become one of Britain’s most well-respected suppliers of eBikes.
Our team of trained experts go above and beyond for each and every customer, offering unbeatable customer service and a wide range of products that keep our customers coming back to us time and time again.
We pride ourselves on delivering exceptional customer service.
Our store in Worcester has a large showroom and a fully stocked workshop that enables us to offer a full range of services and repairs.
We work with the industry’s leading electric bike manufacturers, such as Cube, Scott, KTM, Kalkhoff, Riese & Müller, and Specialized to name just a few.
You will be assisted and supported by the store manager in the following areas of responsibility:
- Building & preparing eBikes from delivery to showroom
- Maintaining & servicing customer eBikes
- Engaging with & supporting customers both face-to-face and via the telephone
- Assisting in the receipt of stock and merchandising
We are seeking an individual with the following:
- A minimum of 2 years retail experience ideally in a bike shop/workshop environment
- A basic product knowledge of bikes/eBikes
- A basic knowledge of bike maintenance and repair
- Ideally, experience in both a workshop and customer facing role
- Is easy going and can work as part of a team
- Can deal confidently with customer queries
- The ability to learn quickly on the job
- Excellent communication skills both with staff and customers in person and over the telephone
- Ability to maintain a positive, empathetic, and professional attitude toward customers at all times
- Excellent English language skills (both written and oral)
- A desire to make the shop a warm and welcoming place for customers and participants alike.
How to Apply
By submitting your CV and a covering statement to:
NOTE: In your covering statement, please tell us why you are a good fit to work with us at OnBike Electric Bikes and what your cycling interests are.